Whew. What a roller coaster of a few weeks. I miss the family but am so glad to be back in Los Angeles. I returned home yesterday and almost always after returning home from a trip, I feel out of sorts. I think it stems from not being on a schedule while I’m away and being thrown back into the swing of things right away. Because I can’t stand feeling willy-nilly, I try and get back on track asap. Here are a few things I do to make the transition seamless…
- Coming back from a trip, I like to return home as early as possible. Yesterday, I left SC at 6:30 am which put me back in LA at 10:30 am. Having a full day to adjust before bedtime eases the transition.
- Unpack immediately. This is easy for me because I pack light.
- Write your to-do list for the upcoming work week on the plane, that way, you’ll have a good handle on things when you get home.
- During your trip, if you have access to a washer/dryer, do a load of laundry the night before you leave. When you get home, all you have to do is put away your clothes.
- Clean house, wash dishes, take out the trash and put clean sheets on the bed before you leave. While this particular tip is for before you leave, it always feels nice and makes it easier when you return home.
(Image from Flickr Member iheartlinen for use under Creative Commons License)