when you move into a new place, there are certain projects you know you want to tackle right away (for me, they were stenciling the bathroom, painting the kitchen black and having the couch reupholstered). other projects (like hiding the flat screen t.v.) are ideas that can only come to you after you’ve gotten a feeling for the house based on how you’re using it. which brings me to my newest project which involves my home office area (or as the beau calls it–Bneato nerve central). the idea came to me as i was cleaning today. i removed everything off of the flat surface area between the cabinets in the kitchen (coffee grinder and other kitchen appliances). i quickly realized that this spot could use a little pizazz using paint.
1. for the surface, i think a nice chevron print (or something else zig-zaggy) will be super cool
2. currently, the wall in this teeny area is painted green (from previous owners). i was thinking of possibly going white here (which will blend nicely with the wall of white cabinets above and below)
3. i figured i might as well show you around while i was here. printer/scanner/copier lives next to bowls and tupperware. when you’re making one space function as two or three, you have to get creative and think outside the box
4. tiny trash can where i toss stuff to be shredded
5. filing cabinet (yep, that’s all the file space i need). archive storage (tax documents) are kept elsewhere so as not to take up prime real estate
6. unfortunately, for me, sometimes creative=messy. i should have waited and used the proper drill bit for my printer wire
7. perhaps transforming this wall space as well with a fun print and i have always wanted to install a foot rest here
8. the black walls help camouflage the microwave and the recently moved kitchen gadgets
9. i usually keep a pretty bare fridge (except for the annual heywood xmas friend calendar). right now, the surface is covered with holiday cards which i love to display during the season.